Today, is our third day looking at the facts that can be relied upon in a divorce petition and we are looking at desertion.
Desertion is rarely relied upon as the basis of divorce and the main reason for this is because it is difficult to prove. To rely on this fact, the following must be shown:
- There has been a separation;
- Your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of two years’;
- Your spouse intended to desert you;
- Your spouse had no just cause to desert you; and
- At no point did you consent to the separation.
If you are considering divorce and would like advice on the divorce process, please call us on 01423 637272 where you can arrange a free half an hour appointment with us.